CAPSA school adminstrators admin business managers SBM
Cornwall Association of Primary School Administrators
CAPSA NEWSLETTER OCTOBER 2017
Good morning all. This is a short update on the forthcoming year and beyond for events, training and more.
- ‘DEALING WITH DIFFICULT VISITORS’ was a suggestion on the feedback forms at the last CAPSA conference. The event will take place in Roche on 5th December and will be run by Joe Flynn. There will be a small charge of £25 to cover the cost of the trainer and refreshments. Places will be limited and will be on a first come first serve. To secure a place email me at email@example.com. It is an excellent subject to start off with.
- The next training session to be arranged will be “When Ofsted comes calling”. This is written and delivered by a MATs business manager, and I had the pleasure to sit in on this earlier in the year. It was enlightening so helpful that I have asked her if she would deliver it for CAPSA to share with you all and I am just waiting for a date and venue to be confirmed.
- I am trying to arrange, via Cornwall Councils HR and Payroll department, training to deal with the online payroll forms, contract problems and general HR. It has been mentioned to me on a number of occasions that many items in schools, are a bit like Chinese whispers, passed on by existing staff when new administrators commence employment and not always the correct way. I will contact you in due course.
- The date for the CAPSA Conference has been arranged and will take place on Friday 27th April 2018 at the Atlantic Hotel, Newquay. The keynote speaker will be Stephanie Davies. I remembered how everyone enjoyed Dave Keeling and it was by his recommendation that I booked this lady.
- Also, there will be some SIMS training for those who are interested. Please contact me with any issues that you may have and I will try my best to get these included in the training.
- Finally, I am hoping to visit schools to introduce myself and offer any support I can. If you would like a visit and an ear, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If there is training you feel would benefit you in your role that I haven’t mentioned, please let me know.
Have a great break if you can.
Contact me at email@example.com