CAPSA school adminstrators admin business managers SBM
Cornwall Association of Primary School Administrators
CAPSA Newsletter November 2017
Good afternoon all. This is a short update on the training planned and other events.
- “DEALING WITH DIFFICULT VISITORS” Training with Joe Flynn will take place on 5th December in Room B307 (formerly B22), Beacon Place, Victoria, Roche at 1pm. If you would like to attend please let me know. The cost for this event will be £25. If you are keen to attend but this date is not convenient to you, we will be running it again on 24 January 2018. Please email as soon as possible to book your places. email@example.com.
- I am in the process of arranging a training session entitled “When Ofsted comes calling”. This is written and delivered by a MATs business manager, and I had the pleasure to sit in on this earlier in the year. It was enlightening and so helpful, that I have asked if she would deliver it for CAPSA to share with you. I will send details when they have been confirmed.
- I have met with the SIMS support team and will be trying to meet with HR/PAYROLL. I have listed some links below to some of Cornwall Councils SIMS training. There will also be training in the New Year, provided by ICT4, if they are your provider. As we know Chinese whispers, passed on by existing admin staff, when new staff begin is not good training. Remember that lots of helpful information can be found on School Messenger or follow these links for advice. Services for Schools 2017-18-directory
- The Annual CAPSA Conference will take place on Friday 27th April 2018 at the Atlantic Hotel, Newquay. Stephanie Davies will be the keynote speaker. I remembered how much everyone enjoyed Dave Keeling and it was by his recommendation that I booked this lady. Further information will be sent out in due course.
- The next CAPSA meeting is February 27th at 1pm. If you would like any issues raised please let me know.
I am trying to visit some schools to introduce myself, if you don’t know me already. My aim is to give any support I can offer. If you would like a visit and an ear, email me firstname.lastname@example.org If there are any training issues or advice you feel CAPSA or CAPH can help with, please let me know.
Also at the request of a CAPSA member, I am revisiting and trying to update the Secretaries Handbook which was originally produced in 2005.
Just a few final notes passed to me: