The Diocese of Truro, in partnership with CAPH, are offering training and support to all involved in school governance in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
School governance covers governors in local authority maintained schools as well as directors/trustees in academies and multi academy trusts, governors on local boards or individuals on advisory boards.
We have experience trainers who will cater the training to specific needs of each group. The training can be for individuals as well as groups, full boards and/or groups of schools wishing to come together to train.
Topics for training sessions include the following, additional needs can be discussed.
- Governance Induction
- Governance Refresher
- Holding to Account
- Monitoring the Strategy
- Support for Chairs - full board and committees
- Performance Management and Performance Related Pay
- Setting the Vision Ethos and Strategy
- Clerking Training and Support
- Strategic or Operational
- Characteristics of a Successful MAT
- Preparing for Ofsted.