The Teacher Subject Specialist Training (TSST) course is aimed at teachers with QTS or unqualified teachers who are already practising and would like to be able to teach mathematics at secondary level.
The aims of the course are to:
- Enhance mathematical knowledge to give confidence to teach mathematics
- Inspire enthusiasm for mathematics
- Provide teachers with motivating activities and tasks for teaching mathematics.
- Train staff to be able to deliver mathematics content for Key Stages 3 and 4 (particularly foundation tier)
- Provide mentoring and support including observations of teaching in the classroom
The fast-track model: The project is already training a group of teachers in a series of twilight sessions and we are now open for registrations for a new FAST-TRACK model course.
Teachers on the fast-track course will attend two 2-day study workshops at the Atlantic Centre, Newquay on:
- Thursday 6th-Friday 7th June 2019
- Thursday 11th-Friday 12th July 2019
For teachers meeting the criteria, this course is FREE through funding provided by the Department for Education (DfE)
To apply for this course, please complete the application form using this link:
The form includes details of all the information you will need to supply in order to apply and advice as to where this information can be found.
If you have any other enquiries, please contact the course leader, Andy Oldman.
Email: PooleTSST@poolegrammar.com Tel: 01202 692132