SEN Services SW is able to offer a range of training topics that can be covered as INSET for your school. Below is list of examples of courses that other schools have already requested from us, but we are able to provide training in most areas of SEN and are willing to discuss any bespoke requirements. Prices are also detailed.
Our courses are ideal for a mixed group of staff, to include SLT, teachers and support staff, as they all include practical strategies for the classroom as well as ideas for intervention and additional resources. We ensure interaction with groups through a variety of activities during each session.
Most of our courses are written as full-day training (i.e. six hours) but we also have half-day and staff meeting length versions which, whilst being less detailed, include the key elements of information and ideas for support. Our prices are set for groups of up to 20 staff. For larger groups, we can negotiate a small additional charge for resources. Schools are welcome to invite colleagues from partner schools to join them for any INSET in order to ensure cost efficiency, if they wish.
We currently have some availability at the end of the Summer term and the beginning of the Autumn term but can provide INSET for schools at any time of the year.
Training sessions available include:
- Class-teachers’ Responsibilities for Children with DSEN
- Understanding and Teaching Children with Autism inc Sensory Needs
- Understanding and Teaching Children with Pathological Demand Avoidance
- Understanding and Teaching Children with ADHD
- Identifying and Supporting Learners on the Dyslexic Spectrum
- Understanding Dyscalculia and Supporting Learners who find Numbers Difficult.
- Understanding and Supporting Learners with Dyspraxia
- Leading and Measuring the Impact of Interventions
- Understanding and Supporting Children with Attachment Difficulties
- Supporting Speech and Language Needs in Mainstream Classes
- Supporting Children with Mental Health Needs
- Managing Challenging Behaviour
Costs (groups of up to 20):
- Whole day - £600 (includes preparation and resources)
- Half Day or Twilight (up to 3 hours)- £300
- Staff Meeting (2 hours max) - £200 (inc prep and resources for up to 20 people)
Schools with Service Agreements are eligible for a 10% discount on all service costs
CAPH members without Service Agreements are eligible for a 5% discount on all service costs