Virtual SENCO Network Meetings
Wednesday 3rd June
Two sessions available: 9.30am - 11.00am and 1.30pm – 3.00pm
(the second session will contain the same content as the first)
The Graduated Response
With many schools running a reduced staff rota, more teachers and TAs may be working from home. This might also mean that schools are setting CPD activities to be completed until schools fully reopen.
One CPD activity which schools might consider promoting to staff is familiarisation with Cornwall Council’s Graduated Response which can be found here: www.cornwall.gov.uk/graduatedresponse
- introduce school staff to the graduated approach to SEN support
- ensure that children/young people and their families are the main focus
- emphasise the role of class/subject teachers as teachers of all pupils, including those with special educational needs and/ or disabilities
- look each aspect of the Assess-Plan-Do-Review cycle
- explore ways to involve parents and carers throughout the process
There are several different documents which can be downloaded. The guidance documents below set out the minimum standards for pupils with SEN across Cornwall. The aim of these documents is to inform inclusive, enabling and consistent practice across Cornwall’s schools.
NASEN has also created a very comprehensive guide to SEN Support and the Graduated Approach which can be found here.
For further support, contact:
Jo Davidson | Cognition and Learning Advisor
Cornwall Council |Together for Families | Education Service