According to a recent study Oracy after the Pandemic: What Ofsted, teachers and young people think about Oracy:
- 57% of relevant extracts from inspection report recommendations linked Oracy with Literacy
- 86% of relevant extracts from inspection report recommendations discussed the Oracy of pupils in general
- 81% of headteachers said Oracy should be high priority as schools reopen.
Research shows that having a consistent whole school approach is the key to raising standards. We believe teaching Oracy effectively can have a dramatic impact on both standards and children's life chances. We are passionate about supporting schools to achieve this so we are offering a limited number of schools the chance to train their whole staff for £100 plus VAT which is less than the usual price of 2 bookings! This is a limited offer - book by November 30th 2021.
Special Offer - Train your whole school for £100 + VAT - sign up unlimited teachers and TAs from your school!
To book your whole staff on this training (unlimited teachers and TAs) for £100 + VAT simply email direct firstname.lastname@example.org with the names and email addresses of the teachers and TAs who you would like to attend and the date you would like to attend. This offer is not on our website - you must book directly with us.
Teaching Oracy in the Primary Classroom Online Training
This training is suitable for Y1 to Y6 teachers and TAs.
This session will provide you with:
- A clear understanding of the 4 strands of oracy and how to teach these effectively.
- A wealth of activities to explicitly teach oracy skills in the primary classroom.
- Practical examples of how to apply oracy skills effectively across the curriculum.
Choice of dates and times:
- Tuesday 16th November 2021 4pm – 6pm
- Thursday 3rd March 2022 4pm – 6pm
- Tuesday 14th June 2022 1pm -3pm
2 for 1 Offer This online training session will be £55 (+VAT). This includes 1 additional teacher or TA from your school to attend at no extra cost if you wish.