dandelion literacy training
Coffee, Cakes and Updates! Literacy Subject Leader Meetings
Choice of Dates and Venues (All meetings 1.30pm till 3.30pm) Coffee and cake from 1pm!
Summer term dates
Monday 8th July 2019 - China Fleet, Saltash (NEW DATE)
Tuesday 9th July 2019 - The Falmouth Hotel
Wednesday 10th July 2019 - Pavillion Centre, Wadebridge
Thursday 11th July 2019 - Edward Passmore Institute, Hayle
Tuesday 16th July 2019 - The Glendorgal Hotel, Newquay (NEW DATE)
At these sessions we will cover:
- Highlights from The Festival of Education including HMI Chief Inspector of Education Amanda Spielman's speech
- 4 studies every teacher needs to know about and how they can impact in the classroom
- Teachers use of technology to support literacy and children, young people and digital reading
- Resources to support Black History Month and National Poetry Day
- Fabulous books for Upper Key Stage 2 plus inspiring picture books
All meetings start at 1:30pm and finish at 3:30pm with coffee available from 1pm. Places charged at £59+ VAT. Email or ring to book.
To book any of these events contact Tre on 07792349188 or Pet on 07779337450
ABC Does - Effective Transition into Year One with the Inspirational Alistair Bryce Clegg!
Thursday 6th June 2019, Bedruthan Steps Hotel, Mawgan Porth
During this day Alistair will share:
- How good transition can support effective learning in Year One.
- What effective learning through play looks like in Year One.
- How to create a powerful learning environment based on assessment.
- The role of the adult in supporting play in Key Stage One
Is Your English Curriculum Ofsted Ready?!
Wednesday 12th June 2019, Bedruthan Hotel, Mawgan Porth
The biggest change in the 2019 Ofsted framework is the increased importance of the curriculum. This renewed focus means that curriculum 'Intent, Implementation and Impact' will be scruntinised like never before.
This day will include:
- English Curriculum update - the latest from Ofsted.
- A free comprehensive English curriculum audit tool to examine and take back to school. This resource will allow you to audit the effectiveness of your English curriculum including your approaches to Phonics, Reading, Writing and Spoken Language. This tool will support with action planning and next steps.
- Information regarding a book based curriculum and advice on quality texts to use in every year group.
Featuring speakers from the UKLA Literacy School of the Year!
Raising Standards in Writing through the use of Guided Writing, Developing Vocabulary and Editing
Thursday 23rd May 2019, Sands Resort Newquay
This will be a really practical day full of strategies to use immediately back in the classroom!
Inspirational Approaches to Improving Writing in the Primary Classroom
Tuesday 4th June 2019, Sands Resort, Newquay
During this day we will:
- Examine techniques for developing writing including the use of drama for speaking and listening
- Explore the use of film and images to inspire writing
- Investigate the use of the outdoor environment to motivate and engage writers.
Phonics First! Supporting Early Readers and Developing Young Writers
Monday 17th June, The Sands Resort Newquay
This course will:
- Examine how successful schools have ensured impact on pupil progress through rigorous and consistent approaches to phonics teaching and learning.
- Give teachers and TAs confidence in phonics terminology and subject knowledge.
- Provide a wealth of practical games and activities to use immediately in the classroom.
- Explore the teaching sequence for phonics and progression in learning linked to Letters and Sounds.
- Examine assessment of phonics to ensure this feeds accurately into next steps for teaching and learning.
Speaking Stories, Talking Texts: Raising Standards in Writing
Tuesday 18th June, The Glendorgal Hotel, Newquay
This course will explore the use of Storytelling and narrative for 'Talking the Text' to improve non-fiction writing.