2nd set of dates now available:
- Wed 3rd March 1.00 – 5.00pm
- Wed 5th May 1.00 – 5.00pm
- Tues 22nd June 1.00 – 5.00pm
- Tues 2nd Feb 1.00 – 5.00pm
- Tues 23rd March 1.00 – 5.00pm
- Thurs 21st April 1.00 – 5.00pm
Cost: Community schools £20 (inc. folder) with subsidy; C of E schools £20 (exc. folder)
Understanding Christianity gives in-depth support to the Christianity sections of the new Cornwall RE syllabus.
It aims to develop pupils’ understanding of key concepts in Christianity, as a contribution to their understanding of the world and their own experience within it. This 3-session course will give teachers full access to this outstanding resource and nationally recognised system of learning in RE.
Session 1 - Tuesday 2nd February
Modules 1 and 2 (Introduction and Teaching & Learning)
Session 2 - Tuesday 23rd March
Modules 3 and 4 (The Big Story of the Bible and Planning great Teaching & Learning)
Session 3 - Wednesday 21st April
Modules 5, 6 and 7 (Purpose & Impact, Digging Deeper, Curriculum Design)
- Each session will include setting teachers a ‘gap task’, trialling an aspect of the resource in school.
- Feedback and discussion on these ‘gap tasks’ will be included in each session, so that teachers can share ideas and learn from each other’s experiences.
Places are limited to 30 school places
Accredited trainers: Nicki Bonell and Felicity Henchley (LTLRE West and Mid Cornwall primary hub leads)