At BF Adventure we are committed to empowering children and young people to learn differently in the outdoors. The organisation formed in 1989 and through this time has developed an approach that combines youth work delivery, outdoor education and trauma informed delivery.
Skills for Life
Our Skills for Life programme supports children and young people with learning and/or physical disabilities, behavioural challenges, mental ill health and other issues associated with Adverse Childhood Experiences. During the last year we have supported about 200 children and young people during a year, including children in care.
We support children and young people on a Journey of Change through a range of adaptable programmes that are designed to meet identified needs. We use our outdoor environment, 60 acres of heathland, woodland and flooded quarries to enable them to identify their own social, emotional and physical barriers and to choose their own challenges which will support them to overcome these. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org 01326 340912 for further details.
Group bookings and residentials
We provide residentials and day visits for school groups, including:
- A leading outdoor education centre dedicated to young people
- 2 and 4 night residential stays tailored for key stages 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Fun indoor and outdoor activities customised to your group’s needs and educational outcomes
- Opportunities to encourage great team work, develop leadership skills and resilience and stretch comfort zones, all at a level suitable for each individual
- Cabin space for 70 people in our 7 dedicated camping cabins – plus extra outdoor camping opportunities
- Fully catered experiences
- All activities on site including outdoor climbing on real rock, coasteering in our on site water filled quarry (quarrysteering) and our new Adventure Barn with indoor climbing wall
- Fully accreditation including ALLS and LoTC
- Dedicated Lead Instructor
- Free site visit
- Free pre visit by our staff to your school to talk to parents and children about what to expect
- Optional evening sessions