Understanding and Supporting Learners with Attachment Disorder
Understanding and Supporting Learners with Autism
Identifying and Supporting Learners with Dyslexia
Meeting SEND Statutory Requirements and Preparing for OfSTED
Identifying and Supporting Learners with Dyscalculia
Understanding and Supporting Pupils with ADHD
SEN Code of Practice Workshop
We are Sue Plechowicz and Tracey Foster and together we run SEN Services Southwest. Our Mission Statement is:
“To provide high quality, timely support for educational establishments, ensuring that barriers to learning are broken down and all young people are encouraged and supported to be happy, confident, well-rounded individuals who reach their full potential.”
We are qualified Psychologists, teachers and SENCos with a combined experience of over forty years working in education and have a profound understanding of how to support children and young people with disabilities and special educational needs, and their families. We have a wide range of knowledge of SEND provision and support in EYFS, Primary and Secondary settings, as well as the SEN Code of Practice.
We provide educational settings with assessment of pupils in all areas of Special Educational Needs; training for staff and consultancy services.
Examples of Assessments:
- Comprehensive Behaviour Assessment
- Pre-referral Autism Screening
- Cognitive Ability assessments
- Access Arrangements Testing (PAPAA qualified)
Examples of Training:
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health e.g. Managing Challenging Behaviour, Attachment, ADHD
- Cognition and Learning e.g. Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Planning and Delivering Effective Interventions
- Communication and Interaction e.g. Autism, Speech and Language Difficulties
- Sensory Integration
- SEND Code of Practice e.g. First Year SENCo, Preparing for OfSTED
Examples of Consultancy:
- Pre-OfSTED Audit
- Temporary SENCo cover e.g. maternity leave, change of staff
- Data Management and Provision Mapping
- Policies and Protocols, including GDPR
Further details about our services can be found on our website, along with information about costs.
CAPH member schools are entitled to a 5% discount on all service costs (Schools with a Service Agreement with SEN Services Southwest continue to benefit from a 10% discount on all service costs).