Achieving Greater Depth in English in KS1 and KS2
Maximising Progress for More Able Pupils
This training will examine:
- Practical strategies to provide challenging educational opportunities for more and most able pupils in both reading and writing.
- The specific requirements of Writing at Greater Depth at the end of the Key Stages and how teachers can support pupils in achieving this.
- Writing samples from more able pupils and implications for teaching and learning.
- How to deepen understanding and analytical thinking through the use of challenging texts and comprehension activities.
2 for 1 Offer
Cost: £179 (+VAT) per teacher. Second delegate from the same school may attend for free.
KS2 SATs Success!
Creating Inspired Writers and Avid Readers whilst preparing for the End of Key Stage 2 2024 National English Assessment
This practical day will provide an opportunity for Year 6 teachers and teaching assistants to explore engaging and motivating strategies to prepare pupils for the end of Key Stage 2 assessments whilst developing confident, successful readers and writers.
We will explore:
- The teacher assessment framework for writing – unpicking the criteria and considering how we can develop pupils’ writing in Year 6 with assessment in mind.
- Tried and tested strategies for developing confident readers, enabling them to experience success in the 2024 reading test.
- How to fulfil the expectations for grammar, punctuation and spelling at the end of KS2 through fun, active games and strategies as well as contextualised grammar teaching.
Choice of dates:
Tuesday 28th November 2023 9.30am – 3pm
Thursday 1st February 2024 9.30am – 3pm
2 for 1 Offer
This SATs Success training day is £179 (+VAT). A second delegate from your school (teacher or TA) can attend at no additional cost.
To book these training days and to check out our full CPD offer, log onto www.dandelionlearning.co.uk/training