Cornwall sits in Sub-Region D: Devon, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly, Plymouth and Torbay. The Teaching School lead for this area is Teresa Lawrance (TLawrance.email@example.com). Contact Teresa to discuss what support is available for your school.
The current system of Teaching Schools will end in August 2021, it will be replaced with the Teaching School Hub Programme. This will create a network of 87 centres of excellence for teacher training and development, focused on some of the best schools and multi-academy trusts in the country. In Cornwall, the Hub will be run through Trenance Learning Academy & The Roseland Academy. As further information is available, it will be shared via the CAPH Bulletin.
Teaching Schools CPD portal
School to School Support Directory
Teaching School Update February 2021
Teaching School Hubs (DfE page)
Applied Minds Teaching School
Aspire Teaching Trust
Bridging the Tamar
Cornwall Early Years Teaching School
Cornwall Teaching School
Kernow Teaching School Alliance
West Cornwall Teaching School
Plymouth Marjon University offers continuing professional development for educational professionals in Cornwall from our base in Truro. Here you can:
- Develop evidence based practice with benefits to both your own practice and that of your organisation.
- Develop the skills to ask the questions and find the answers to most educational improvement issues.
- Attend taught sessions that fit with the commitments of busy working educational professionals.
Wave Multi Academy Trust is responsible for the delivery of Team Teach training for teachers and school support staff throughout Cornwall and Devon.
Best Practice are a founding member of the HLTA National Assessment Partnership (HNAP) which awards Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Status across all regions of the country. We are the HNAP Regional Provider of Assessment for the South West, West Midlands and the East regions.
CAPH’s partnership with Babcock Education offers CAPH member schools a 5% discount on training & conferences.
Arena is a successful School Sports Partnership which was established in 2011. We have a team of experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated primary practitioners who specialise in PE and Outdoor Learning.
LSSW is a not-for-profit Charitable Trust, formed and governed by leading Teaching Schools to provide leadership training for teachers across the South West of England.
Aims of the PTI South West Hub:
- Empower and enable schools to strengthen their subject provision and leadership
- Encourage teachers, through both curricular and extra-curricular provision in their schools, to introduce pupils, regardless of their background or ability, to challenging and enriching materials and activities
- Enrich and develop teachers’ subject knowledge and impact through academic talks, resources and discussion, and the sharing of best practice
- Motivate teachers to consider how to develop engagement, enjoyment, curiosity and intellectual independence within and beyond the curriculum