Kernow English Hub is officially launching in January 2019. It is our mission to ensure that every child becomes a reader through supporting the teaching of early language and phonics and fostering a love of reading in all schools.
This year we can offer support by:
- Hosting showcase events, highlighting best practice in phonics and early reading.
- Auditing the quality of early language and reading provision in your school.
- Working with schools to develop action plans for improvement.
- Providing funding to buy resources & training to support excellent teaching in early language and reading.
Wednesday the 27th of March 10am– 1pm, refreshments from 9.30
Lanhydrock Hotel and Golf Club
With guest speakers Lisa Mannall, RSC and Ruth Miskin CBE.
Places are limited to one per school so register now at firstname.lastname@example.org
Showcases will include
- Introductory talk by the Kernow English Hub Lead– ‘The key leadership decisions that enable reading success.’
- Learning walks to see best practice in systematic synthetic phonics
- Practical ideas and activities to support practice in school– Action planning
- Support and guidance around building early language and vocabulary
Headteachers, SLT members, Phonics Leaders are invited to attend, a maximum of 2 spaces per school.
£100 supply/travel expenses cover will be paid per person.
Showcases will run from 9am to 11.30am at Trenance Learning Academy
To reserve you place or for more information please contact:
Pamela Waters at email@example.com 01637 874532