The Virtual Classroom with James Clements: best practice in teaching Primary English
In this series of webinars, education writer and researcher James Clements will explore some of the key aspects of English teaching in the primary classroom. Each session will introduce some big ideas based on research, consider the practical implications for teachers and schools and then share links to free resources and further reading.
- Session 1: Teaching Reading- decoding, comprehension and fluency
- Session 2: Teaching Reading- Becoming a reader and building a reading culture
- Session 3: Developing Oracy, Spoken Language and Vocabulary
- Session 4: Teaching Writing- finding a voice
- Session 5: Supporting Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling
The Virtual Classroom with Andrew Jeffrey: best practice in teaching Primary Maths
International CPD provider Andrew Jeffrey is well known for his books, expert events, monthly maths teacher newsletter and fairly terrible jokes. In this series of webinars, Andrew Jeffrey will explore some of the key factors that support effective learning in primary maths classrooms. Each session will stand alone, but together they will form a coherent series.
An ideal accompaniment to Andrew’s free OUP Expert Events, these webinars will reinforce some key messages around what really works, incorporating both research and tried-and-tested practice. Participants will receive a summary of the presentation to share with colleagues.
- Session 1: The Deep Dive
- Session 2: The CPA approach
Supporting you with closing the Word Gap (Secondary)
In this series of webinars, education advisor Helen Prince will explore ways to address the word gap, energise an oracy curriculum and boost vocabulary. Each session will introduce some big ideas based on research, consider the practical implications for teachers and schools and then share links to free resources and further reading.
- Session 1: Energising Eloquence
- Session 2: Building Vocabulary, Building a Voice
- Session 3: Oral Rehearsal: Moving Speech to Writing
- Session 4: Planning for a Vocab-Rich Curriculum
- Session 5: Collaborative approaches to vocab-rich school
Contact Prem Hirani with any questions.
OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS
T: 07786 662328
F: 0844 332 0401